- This patch adds in support for the ordinary HLASM comment syntax asm statements (Reference - Chapter 7, Comment Statements, Ordinary Comment Statements)
- In brief, the ordinary comment syntax if used, must begin with the "*" character
- To achieve this, this patch makes use of the CommentString attribute provided in the base MCAsmInfo class
- In the SystemZMCAsmInfo class, the CommentString attribute was set to "*" based on the assembler dialect
- Furthermore, a new attribute RestrictCommentString, is provided to only treat a string as a comment if it appears at the start of the asm statement. Example: "jo *-4" is valid in HLASM (jump back 4 bytes from current point - similar to jo -4 in gnu asm) and we don't want "*-4" to be treated as a comment.
- We are ongoing in our work to provide support for the z/OS target to LLVM. The z/OS target is still missing MCStreamer support, and hence there are no tests (for the z/OS target) provided as part of this patch (as it is impossible to generate code for z/OS currently). When the MCStreamer support is enabled, I will put up relevant test(s) as part of a separate patch.