At the moment this is more than an assert fix, we have broken VI in favour of GFX9 which nobody has. Please get a workaround, revert or fix into llvm master asap.
Looks good to me, I regression tested a few things with it in geom/tess shader land and they seemed fine.
I did a quick scan and have a couple of low-level comments inline.
I think I took into account all remaining comments, please tell if I missed something.
Yes, go ahead. Let's fix the current code in the mean time.
ping - D34157 pretty much needs to be started again from scratch and it'd be nice to at least stop the assert from happening from long run fuzz tests.....