- The 'common' section TLS is not implemented. Current C/C++ TLS variables are not placed in common section.
- DWARF debug info to get the address of TLS variables is not generated yet.
clang and driver: (in http://reviews.llvm.org/D10524)
- Added -femulated-tls flag to select the emulated TLS model, which will be used for old targets like Android that do not support ELF TLS models.
- Added unit tests to check the effect of -femulated-tls.
- Added TargetLowering::LowerToTLSEmulatedModel as a target-independent function to convert a SDNode of TLS variable address to a function call to __emutls_get_address.
- Added into lib/Target/*/*ISelLowering.cpp to call LowerToTLSEmulatedModel for TLSModel::Emulated. Although all targets supporting ELF TLS models are enhanced, emulated TLS model has been tested only for Android ELF targets.
- Modified AsmPrinter.cpp to print the emutls_v.* and emutls_t.* variables for emulated TLS variables.
- Modified DwarfCompileUnit.cpp to skip some DIE for emulated TLS variabls. TODO: Add proper DIE for emulated TLS variables.
- Added new unit tests with emulated TLS.