Testing for specific CPUs has a number of problems, better use subtarget
- When some tweak is added for a specific CPU it is often desirable for the next version of that CPU as well, yet we often forget to add it.
- It is hard to keep track of checks scattered around the target code; Declaring all target specifics together with the CPU in the tablegen file is a clear representation.
- Subtarget features can be tweaked from the command line.
To discourage people from using CPU checks in the future I removed the
isCortexXX(), isCyclone(), ... functions. I added an getProcFamily()
function for exceptional circumstances but made it clear in the comment
that usage is discouraged.
Reformat feature list in AArch64.td to have 1 feature per line in
alphabetical order to simplify merging and sorting for out of tree
No functional change intended.