I'd like to add these comments to warn others of problems I
encountered when trying to use RemoveLineIfEmpty. I originally
tried to fix the problem, but I realized I could implement the
functionality more easily and efficiently in my calling code where I
can make the simplifying assumption that there are no prior edits to
the line from which text is being removed. While I've lost the
motivation to write a fix, which doesn't look easy, I figure a warning
to others is better than silence.
I've added a unit test to demonstrate the problem. I don't know how
to mark it as an expected failure, so I just marked it disabled.