The replaceAllDbgUsesWith utility helps passes preserve debug info when
replacing one value with another.
This improves upon the existing insertReplacementDbgValues API by:
- Updating debug intrinsics in-place, while preventing use-before-def of the replacement value.
- Falling back to salvageDebugInfo when a replacement can't be made.
- Moving the responsibiliy for rewriting llvm.dbg.* DIExpressions into common utility code.
Along with the API change, this teaches replaceAllDbgUsesWith how to
create DIExpressions for three basic integer and pointer conversions:
- The no-op conversion. Applies when the values have the same width, or have bit-for-bit compatible pointer representations.
- Truncation. Applies when the new value is wider than the old one.
- Zero/sign extension. Applies when the new value is narrower than the old one.
- check-llvm, check-clang, a stage2 -g -O3 build of clang, regression/unit testing.
- This resolves a number of mis-sized dbg.value diagnostics from Debugify.