There were a number of issues with the llvm-readobj documentation. The following points were raised in https://bugs.llvm.org/show_bug.cgi?id=42255, and have been fixed in this patch:
- The description section claimed "The tool and its output is primarily designed for use in FileCheck-based tests" which is not really the case any more.
- The documentation used single-dash long options for option names, but references in the help text to other options exclusively used double-dashes. Fixed by standardising on double-dashes for all long-form options.
- The majority of options available and in the help text were not present in the documentation. This patch adds them.
- Several aliases, both long and short, were missing, e.g. --relocs.
Additionally, this patch improves the documentation by:
- Splitting the options into categories based on the file format they are specific to.
- Updating the Exit Status section to correctly mention that errors lead to a non-zero exit code.
- Adding a See Also section referencing other similar LLVM tools.
- Improving/correcting some of the descriptions of options that did not quite match up with what llvm-readobj does.