Turn on the new pass manager by default
This turns on the new pass manager by default for the optimization pipeline in
Clang and ThinLTO in various LLD backends. This also makes uses of `opt
-instcombine` use the new pass manager (unless specifically opted out).
This does not affect the backend target-dependent codegen pipeline.
If this causes regressions, you can opt out of the new pass manager
either via the -DENABLE_EXPERIMENTAL_NEW_PASS_MANAGER=OFF CMake flag
while building LLVM, or via various compiler flags, e.g.
-flegacy-pass-manager for Clang or -Wl,--lto-legacy-pass-manager for
ELF LLD. Please file bugs for any regressions.
- The inliner works slightly differently
- -O1 does some amount of inlining
- LCSSA and LoopSimplify are run before all loop passes
- Loop unswitching is implemented slightly differently
- A new SpeculateAroundPHIs pass is added to the pipeline
Reviewed By: asbirlea, ychen, MaskRay, echristo
Differential Revision: https://reviews.llvm.org/D95380