- User Since
- Dec 3 2015, 1:10 AM (168 w, 2 d)
Tue, Feb 19
Mon, Feb 18
Thu, Feb 14
Nice to see this fix get in because we've seen the need for such a change for our out-of-tree target as well.
Wed, Feb 13
Thanks for fixing!
Wed, Feb 6
Managed to drop the new testcase when I rebased >.<
Is this ok or is it better to go down the CGP route instead? If so, can we really guarantee that all dead code is always removed when we get to StackProtector so we don't end up with this problem anyway?
Thu, Jan 31
Wed, Jan 30
The fix makes sense to me but please let others have an opinion too.
Tue, Jan 29
We're having issues with this as well, we don't have any libunwind so this change causes
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lunwind
Mon, Jan 28
Fri, Jan 25
I don't know this code at all.
It solves the problem I saw, thanks!
Thu, Jan 24
Fixed typo, reformulated a piece of a comment.
Not sure who should review this, I added the three last persons that I think did non-NFC changes to StackProtector.cpp.
Is this a proper way of solving the problem? Is it ok to require DT?
Jan 22 2019
Just saw build-bots failed the same way
We've been having issues with std::is_trivially_copyable too, and it seems not even this patch solves the problems for us.
Jan 2 2019
The problem I saw goes away with this patch and I haven't seen any new failures with the limited testing I've done on the patch. Thanks!
I don't know this code though, so I don't know if this is the way the problem should be solved.
Dec 12 2018
Dec 11 2018
Dec 10 2018
If I change what I think is two typos, then the patch compiles for me and solves the issue I had.
A late question about this change. I notice that this change sometimes gives me additional DIFiles in the clang output compared to before.
E.g. if I have a file
Dec 6 2018
I don't know this code but at least it makes the reproducer I had compile succesfully now. Thanks!
Dec 5 2018
Nov 30 2018
Nov 23 2018
I've verifed that it solves the problem I reported. I've done a little bit of testing with the patch and didn't see anything obviously broken yet at least.
Nov 21 2018
I submitted this for markus since he doesn't have commit access yet.
Nov 15 2018
Nov 7 2018
I've got a post-review comment about the use of SCHED_IDLE vs the needed gcc version.
Oct 17 2018
Was it something like this you had in mind Eli?
Oct 16 2018
Oct 15 2018
A late comment about a problem I've noticed with this change.
Oct 2 2018
We are using the Scalarizer in our out-of-tree target and I've run some tests with the patch without problems so I think it's ok.
Please wait a day before submitting though in case someone who really knows this code objects, but if not I think it's ok to push.
Sep 27 2018
Is this the same problem as described in https://bugs.llvm.org/show_bug.cgi?id=28911 ?
Sep 25 2018
Sep 24 2018
Alright, I'll commit this as is in a little bit then. Thanks!
I would like to create a testcase exposing that we actually fix a bug when we use regsOverlap() instead of MCSubRegIterator, but then I think I need help.
Sep 21 2018
Sep 17 2018
I have a post-review question about this change.
Sep 13 2018
Sep 7 2018
Sep 6 2018
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to LGTM this but it does look good to me and it solves PR38855 so thumbs up.
Aug 28 2018
Aug 27 2018
This indeed solves the problem I reported in PR38674 but I don't know IndVarSimplify enough to say if this is the right solution or not.
Aug 26 2018
Aug 23 2018
Aug 21 2018
Found the problem when testing my out of tree target, but it's exposed also with the attached testcase.