- User Since
- Mar 7 2019, 1:49 AM (24 w, 2 d)
Fri, Aug 2
Do you have some time @Szelethus to check this change?
Your experience and comments would help a lot to finish this.
Jul 3 2019
What do you think, what should I improve in this checker?
Your remarks, @lebedev.ri, were really valuable.
Jun 4 2019
- Removed different signess related parts.
- Don't warn for the casts which are already covered by '-Wcast-align' check.
- Improved the diagnostic messages:
- Now adds notes for the first incompatible members of structs.
- Added alignment, size and type information to most of the warning messages.
Jun 3 2019
The problem with the -Wcast-align is that it will only fire for C-style bitcast expressions, not for reinterpret_cast ones. example
Does anyone know why is that behavior?
Unfortunately the changes that I've made are not available in a diff because I've moved to the monorepo version.
Although, you can see the changes in detail on my llvm-project github fork.
If you don't mind I will finish the leftover work. This will still be committed under your name.
Mar 7 2019
@hgabii Are you planning on finishing this? If not, I'd happily commandeer if not.