- User Since
- Oct 24 2016, 8:15 AM (221 w, 4 d)
Mon, Jan 18
Fri, Jan 15
Rebased on trunk.
Thu, Jan 14
Thanks Jinsong, LGTM.
Wed, Jan 13
Thanks Jinsong, left a couple really minor comments. Will rebase the xxspltd fix on this patch now.
Tue, Jan 12
clang -target powerpc64le-unknown-linux-gnu -c -o a.o modern-as.s error: instruction use requires an option to be enabled mfudscr 2
IIUC this patch is breaking compatibility with gas due to the AIX assembler not supporting the mnemonic. Similarly for my xxspltd patch, we wouldn't be able to encode the mnemonic without passing extra options on Linux. Thats why I took the approach I did in D94419. I am happy to change direction, but in my opinion we should only be disabling the mnemonics on AIX.
Thanks Jinsong, LGTM.
Mon, Jan 11
Dec 7 2020
Dec 2 2020
If there is no objections, I'll go ahead and commit later this week.
Fixed one too many hyphens in man page change.
- Removed leading space in option description
- Updated the manpage doc.
On FreeBSD, the main use of this will be on the new powerpc64le arch, where we need to build a 32-bit LE bootloader for use with pseries. (it is easier to retarget LLVM than make a cross-endian bootloader, as it would involve rewriting filesystem code etc.)
Excuse my ignorance, but what are there technical limitations preventing writing n 64-bit LE boot loader and avoid having a 32-bit LE target all-together?
Dec 1 2020
- Added -mattr=+altivec to vector pop count test to keep pwr5 testing
- Added a test to show enabling altivec through function attribute.
Nov 30 2020
Nov 26 2020
Sorry Zarko, I must have deleted my comment before posting last night I've added it back now.
Nov 25 2020
1 comment, but otherwise LGTM.
Nov 24 2020
Nov 23 2020
A couple of really minor comments, but otherwise LGTM.
Nov 20 2020
Nov 19 2020
Nov 18 2020
Thanks for the updates. LGTM.
Nov 17 2020
Nov 13 2020
Nov 12 2020
- Add testing for warn-backrefs interaction.
- Spelling fixes
- Fix comments to use ## instead of # in lit test.
Nov 11 2020
Nov 9 2020
- Added a detailed comment trying to capture some of the linked discussion and distill why we want the more complicated lookup behaviour (at least by default).
- Added an option -fortran-common to toggle the new behaviour on/off.
Nov 5 2020
- Add comments about why we have the special lookup behaviour for common in archives..
- Use NonCommon as opposed to UnCommon
- switch second if to be an else if instead.
Oct 28 2020
- Added comment in the test describing why the behaviour change is needed.
- Converted a dyn_cast to a cast.
- Fixed paramater name to use lowercase.
- Fixed .size directives in the test to refer to the correct object.
Oct 27 2020
Oct 26 2020
Sorry, missed a comment.
Oct 22 2020
Oct 16 2020
Oct 13 2020
Oct 9 2020
Oct 8 2020
Thanks for splitting this out XiangLing.
Oct 6 2020
Oct 5 2020
Oct 1 2020
More test coverage for this patch:
Sep 30 2020
Sep 29 2020
We are in a poor position since this depends on D75059 which I never commit-ed since as I realized it was not really NFC because we were wrongly inserting VR_SAVE code for AIX. This had the effect of emitting a fatal error if we used vector arguments, return values and I believe if we selected any vector instructions. I never went back and updated it because there was always something higher priority to work on. I have a non-NFC update I haven't posted which relies on the calling convention lowering to emit an error when passing vector arguments, and I add an error when returning vector arguments. I will post that shortly.
Sep 28 2020
Sep 25 2020
- Add static on helper functions.
- Use ## for comments in lit test.
- Remove redundant parens
- Ignore locals when looking for overriding symbol def.
Sep 24 2020
2 minor comments but otherwise LGTM.
Sep 23 2020
Address review comments, switched test to use split-file instead of other inputs and macros, and simplified the test as much as possible.
Sep 21 2020
Does PPCMIPeephole::combineSEXTAndSHL have a similar problem that needs to be addressed?
Sep 15 2020
Extended the patch so that lazy object files are handled the same as archives, and bitcode files are handled same as native objects, both in archives and as lazy object files.
Sep 1 2020
One minor nit, but otherwise LGTM.
Aug 31 2020
Previous patch was not really NFC, since we were inserting VRSAVE pseudos on AIX, then emiting a fatal error in frame lowering. This was because we missed changing the condition gating the vrsave insertion to include the AIX abi.
Aug 28 2020
One minor nit, but otherwise LGTM. If Nemanja would still like the comment he suggested make sure to address that before committing.
Aug 27 2020
Aug 24 2020
I've spent some time reading through the linked thread. Thanks. There is a lot to reply to so I hope I don't miss anything.
- Removed now unused local variable.
- Removed -framepointer=all option in lit test.
- Fixed formatting of runsteps in new lit test.
Aug 18 2020
Aug 16 2020