- User Since
- Jul 1 2016, 4:12 AM (221 w, 2 d)
Thu, Sep 24
Sun, Sep 20
Fri, Sep 18
Wrap whole file in if(LLVM_ENABLE_PIC).
Thu, Sep 17
Just found this had already been fixed in commit f0546173fa4bdde03ecb21a174fcaa8a6490adbd.
As described in D87825, this patch broke Debug builds on sparcv9-sun-solaris2.11 and amd64-pc-solaris2.11.
Wed, Sep 16
- Rely on stackAlignment default for 32-bit Solaris/x86
- Handle Solaris in llvm/test/CodeGen/X86/stack-align2.ll
Tue, Sep 15
Allow for whitespace differences in vptr.cpp.
Tested on amd64-pc-solaris2.11. However, compared to the -mstackrealign version
there's one regression that I still need to investigate:
UBSan-Standalone-i386 :: TestCases/TypeCheck/vptr.cpp
That claim of 16-byte alignment on Solaris is half-wrong: it's definitely wrong on Solaris, but seems to be true on Illumos.
Mon, Sep 14
Fri, Sep 11
Thu, Sep 10
Ping? It's been a week and AFAICT there's nothing left for me to do.
Fri, Sep 4
Is there anything left to do to get approval? Thanks.
Thu, Sep 3
Add FIXME for SparcV8 MaxAtomicInlineWidth.
Wed, Sep 2
I've now discovered that not only the sparc assembler output requires GNU as, but the same is true for x86:
- as is invoked without -m64/-m32, thus chokes on amd64 insns since it default to 32-bit mode
- Even if adding -Wa,-m64, assembly fails:
Assembler: main.c "/var/tmp/main-faae1e.s", line 24 : Syntax error Near line: " .section ".note.GNU-stack","",@progbits"
- There must be no double quotes around the section name.
- Without the quotes, the section name is no valid identifier: - isn't allowed.
- On top of that, Solaris doesn't care about those .note sections: to achieve non-executable stacks, you need e.g. ld -z sx=nxstack (Solaris 11.4) or ld -z nxstack (Solaris 11.3).
Tue, Sep 1
Define __sparcv8 only on 32-bit Solaris/SPARC.
Remove XFAILs that only apply to clang/2-stage builds.
Mon, Aug 31
Ping? It's been a week.
Sat, Aug 29
Fri, Aug 28
Actual Option 1 variant.
Aug 28 2020
We've got 3 alternative versions now:
- my original one as simplified by Paul's suggestion (hadn't uploaded that, but certainly could recreate/retest if that's the selected candidate) Diff 1 in the History
- the sizeof version, Diff 3 in the History
- the (partial) non-template version, Diff 4 in the history
Non-template version, passing ImmBytes around.
Aug 27 2020
Handle both Release and RelWithDebInfo builds, downgrade from both -O3 and -O2 to
While doing 2-stage builds, the 2 XFAILs due to Bug 42493 were required. However, I've since also done a 1-stage build with gcc 10, which shows
Unexpectedly Passed Tests (2): UBSan-Standalone-sparc :: TestCases/Float/cast-overflow.cpp UBSan-Standalone-sparc :: TestCases/Misc/log-path_test.cpp
which is no wonder since the underlying bug only exists in clang long double handling.
Aug 26 2020
I've just completed a sparcv9-sun-solaris2.11 2-stage RelWithDebInfo build with your patch applied: worked fine. Thanks a lot for the quick fix.
Aug 25 2020
This patch broke sparcv9-sun-solaris2.11 RelWithDebInfo build: cf. Bug 47303.
Aug 24 2020
Aug 21 2020
Aug 20 2020
Use -O with clang, too.
Aug 19 2020
Tested on sparcv9-sun-solaris2.11 and amd64-pc-solaris2.11 (both Solaris 11.4 and OpenIndiana).
Use sizeof(T) == 2 check, too.
Update variable name.
Aug 18 2020
Just check sizeof(T) == 1.
Ping^2? Two weeks now.
Ping? Two weeks now.
Aug 17 2020
Ping? It's been a week, the patch fixes ca. 250 testsuite failures and is this a candidate for LLVM 11.0.0 rc2.