- User Since
- Jun 12 2016, 7:26 AM (199 w, 2 d)
Fri, Mar 13
Thu, Mar 12
Updated the patch on top on Hideto's changes.
Added description to the test in noalias.ll.
Needed to increase the max-iterations for nonnull.ll
Wed, Mar 11
Additional conditions are included. Added new test.
Mon, Mar 9
Jan 12 2020
Thanks for the explanation. I thought the exact opposite i.e. even though the use is potentially captured in the callee but the callsite of callee is reachable, so we propagate noalias. I apologize as I had basic incorrect understanding.
Jan 10 2020
Thanks for reviewing further.
- Removed the Dependence flag.
- For the conditions to return 'true', in Pred: I observe that the correct condition should be below. This condition means that callsite_argument should not have nocapture and getCtxI() should be reachable from user. I think this, because for noalias propagation to happen w.r.t. (ii) condition, we should get true from checkForAllUses and Pred as well.
Jan 9 2020
Updated patch which considers the review comments.
Jan 8 2020
Thanks for reviewing. I understand as this was during year end.
I will make the changes and update the patch. I tried the changes locally and I think I need to further check why noalias is still propagated for other checks in pthread.ll .
Jan 7 2020
Jan 1 2020
Thanks @jdoerfert for detailed explanation and listing the corrections.
Dec 27 2019
I have tried modifying the patch to include suggestions.
- Added condition to check if use is not marked nocapture.
- Included nullpointer check and reachability check.
Dec 26 2019
Thanks for suggestions. I am learning more.
- Using AAReachability instead of AANoCapture and also removed those functions from AANoCapture.
Dec 25 2019
Addressed the comments in the new diff version.
Tried addressing the comments in this patch.
- Created new methods for NoCaptureMaybeBeforeInstruction which returns true as of now. Using this method in the checkForAllUses method.
- Added additional parameter to checkForAllUses (initializing to nullptr). If this ptr is not null, then we check if use is reachable till this callsite instruction.
- Predicate checks in which case we should follow for use's user.
- checkForAllUses is called to check uses of argument. If it is valid/reachable use, then noalias deduction should happen.
Dec 17 2019
Nov 26 2019
Nov 22 2019
Nov 20 2019
Updated the patch as per review comments.
Thanks for highlighting the nit. Corrected it.
Nov 19 2019
Nov 17 2019
Btw., do you have commit access?
Updated the function comments.
Thanks @jdoerfert for the helpful corrections. I have removed the files. (I should have removed them in the last patch.)
I will start working on the next part.
Nov 15 2019
@jdoerfert Thank you suggesting the corrections.
Updating the corrected patch.
Nov 14 2019
Oct 3 2016
Thanks for splitting the code. LGTM.
Oct 2 2016
Thanks for asking.
The first part of changes i.e. 'Fuse CMN, CMP, TST followed by Bcc', is applicable for Vulcan as well.
But, the second part i.e. 'Fuse ALU operations followed by CBZ/CBNZ' is not applicable for Vulcan, i.e. we don't fuse these. Is it possible to make this only Apple specific ?
Jul 19 2016
Removed the CacheLineSize (set to 64) for Vulcan, as three other parameters are required for LoopDataPrefetch to be effective.
Will include CacheLineSize & 3 other parameters in another patch, after they are finalized.
Jul 17 2016
Jul 8 2016
Removed fusion of additional instructions for Vulcan.
Default instructions supported by 'Macrofusion subtarget feature' will be fused.
The approach of adding a new sub-feature for Macro-op fusion, by categorizing the instructions (my presumption) doesn't seem a good option. It will end up adding too many subfeature such as FeatureMacroOpFusionArith/FeatureMacroOpFusionLogical. Please correct me.
Jul 7 2016
Jul 6 2016
Jun 29 2016
Corrected & updated the diff.
But the code looks good to me with the extra comment removed.
Removed the extra comments (comments in 3.11 & 3.12 FP Load/store).
Modified comments part of 3.6 & 3.7 (Load/Store) to say that they are valid for 3.11 & 3.12 (FP Load/Store) as well.
Out of curiosity, what are the performance improvements with this model?
Actually, this is a functional patch and we are currently validating it on the simulators. So, we will update performance numbers later.
While submitting, I had added 'llvm-commits' as subscriber, as per the guidelines. (>> pgode added subscribers: echristo, aemerson, MatzeB, llvm-commits.)
Additionally, I also got a mail from the list llvm-commits: 'Your message entitled [PATCH] D21728: [AARCH64] Add Broadcom Vulcan scheduling modelwas successfully received by the llvm-commits mailing list.'
I can resend the patch, if it is required. Kindly suggest.
Jun 25 2016
Jun 23 2016