- User Since
- Feb 5 2023, 7:06 AM (6 w, 6 d)
Mon, Mar 13
Quote types and functions correctly in redundant-string-cstr.rst.
Documentation updates suggested by @PiotrZSL. Rebase.
Sun, Mar 12
Rebase. No conflicts.
Thank you for your patience.
I can squash this with https://reviews.llvm.org/D143342 if required.
Sat, Mar 11
Fri, Mar 10
Thanks, and sorry about the erroneous [PATCH] in the summary. :(
Thanks for the speedy re-review. I don't have commit permission, so please can you land this if you are happy to do so?
Fix comment in code as suggested by PiotrZSL. Improve lit check tests.
Thu, Mar 9
Upload using arc diff so more context is available.
Re-upload using arc.
Rebase on top of fb7ef637a84652dbd3d973a1ba7db9470181b5aa (which is a
descendent of ae25e2f19decb94198301f0726ee613f945cc405 aka D144216, on
which this change relies.)
Whoops. I accidentally uploaded https://reviews.llvm.org/D145719 as a new change. :(
Sun, Mar 5
I will double check that this is true once my current build is complete.
The purpose of this header is to not include any standard header, and yet this is done in line 5 so it kinda defeats the purpose.
Sounds good, should we land this?
Sat, Mar 4
The changes that extend the <string> header further and use it in a few more checks are:
This new version uses size_t and size_type rather than the annoyingly-named "size" type that the old implementation in redundant-string-cstr.cpp used and is the basis for using the new <string> header in four further checks to be submitted as separate changes.
Feb 17 2023
If you're suggesting that I could use the new <string> header to replace declarations of basic_string etc. in other tests then I think that would be possible with some careful checking to make sure it include the necessary functionality. I think that would easier to review separately rather than in a single patch though.
Feb 16 2023
I ended up splitting out the std::format and std::print tests to their own file which meant that I didn't need to modify the existing redundant-string-cstr.cpp file in this commit. (Though of course I had to extract the <string> header in D144216 first.) Let me know if you don't like the split.
Feb 15 2023
Thanks for the review and further suggestions.
Feb 12 2023
Incorporate feedback from Nathan James:
Feb 10 2023
Feb 6 2023
The limitation about only transforming the first argument can be alleviated by using the forEachArgumentWithParam matcher
Feb 5 2023
Please document change in Release Notes, as well as in the check documentation, together with its limitations (can only handle 1 argument at a time).
This check can also work trivially for fmt::format and fmt::print too (in fact, that's what I'm actually using), if the project would allow them to be added too.