- User Since
- May 11 2018, 1:45 AM (216 w, 5 d)
Thu, Jun 30
Tue, Jun 28
Apr 25 2022
That's working perfectly for me. Great improvement, thank you very much!
But can this be reverted or made an off-by-default option until it can provide equivalent information & convenience?
I appreciate the speed improvement on Windows, but I'd like to second @sammccall's request.
Currently I'm intermittently getting the output below from my CI, and it's too opaque.
Script(shard): -- GTEST_COLOR=no GTEST_SHUFFLE=0 GTEST_TOTAL_SHARDS=83 GTEST_SHARD_INDEX=69 GTEST_OUTPUT=json:/path/to/clang/unittests/Tooling/./ToolingTests-Clang-Unit-54664-69-83.json /path/to/clang/unittests/Tooling/./ToolingTests -- shard JSON output does not exist: /path/to/clang/unittests/Tooling/./ToolingTests-Clang-Unit-54664-69-83.json
Something, somewhere is sometimes, somehow causing a crash but the information the test system provides is not helpful to figuring out what that is.
Given the choice between faster opaque tests and slower, more helpful ones I'd like the slower ones back please.
Jan 21 2022
If LLVM_ENABLE_ASSERTIONS=OFF then isCanonical is not defined.
Jan 11 2022
Tangent: extract_symbols.py is sorely in need of automated tests.
Dec 31 2019
Thanks for accepting.
The repo is up to date. I guess the reason the failure hasn't happened with the build bots is that our downstream test setup differs somewhat from the norm - our test runner imports lit.discovery & lit.LitConfig directly rather than using the command line interface. I've had a hunt for what the exact difference might be but haven't been able to find it.
Dec 30 2019
Dec 17 2019
Sep 5 2019
Aug 22 2019
I can see that this patch doesn't make much sense in isolation. This patch plus D66480 make an alternative to D66301. Hopefully the explanation in D66301 makes it clear that we're merely restoring previous behaviour.
Aug 21 2019
It looks like if _LIBCPP_HAS_THREAD_API_PTHREAD is defined then with this change you'll be missing everything between lines 115 and 210.
Aug 20 2019
Jul 11 2019
Jul 5 2019
Can you comment on how this compares to clang-tidy? I had assumed that the readability-identifier-naming clang-tidy rule would largely do the trick.
May 22 2019
Apr 25 2019
@EricWF this change seems to have broken some a test somehow. I'm well out of my depth here so can you take a look?
Mar 28 2019
Mar 19 2019
Mar 13 2019
Mar 12 2019
Mar 8 2019
@hctim thanks for taking the time to point out the problems, sorry I missed them. I've looked again very carefully at all the buildbot output and came across another memory leak at ConstantsTest.cpp:482. Fingers crossed I've caught all the issues this time: rL355685
Mar 7 2019
Mar 6 2019
Feb 26 2019
Feb 25 2019
Hi @efriedma, sorry for the delayed response.
I've added the features you asked for to DataLayout.
It is intended that this patch preserves the existing behaviour if no function pointer alignment is specified.* Therefore I hope you'll agree that it isn't necessary for me to provide code to use the new feature on all platforms.
I did also look into using a target hook but doing so would require modifying a lot of functions to take a TargetTransformInfo argument. Given that we're in agreement that the DataLayout is an appropriate choice, it seemed like the best option.
Feb 19 2019
Changed recommendation for acronyms from lower case to upper case, as suggested by several responses to the RFC.
Feb 18 2019
Update .clang-tidy files to use aNy_CasE until camelBackOrCase is available.
Add more guidance around acronyms.
Add more guidance around consistency with existing CamelCase variable names.
Change other code examples to camelBack.
Feb 11 2019
Feb 8 2019
Feb 7 2019
Feb 5 2019
Jan 28 2019
Diff with -U99999
Diff with -U99999
Jan 24 2019
Jan 23 2019
Addressed @carwil's comments
Jan 18 2019
Jan 3 2019