- User Since
- Jul 16 2012, 3:06 PM (370 w, 4 d)
Wed, Aug 21
This seems to work for me (pthreads and nothreads).
In general, I think we're playing "whack-a-mole' with this chunk of code, and I've become fairly unhappy with it.
Tue, Aug 20
Committed as revision 369399.
This is an alternative to D66301
I put an alternate solution up as D66480
Mon, Aug 19
Yes. Because then it would be in the global namespace.
Fri, Aug 16
Thu, Aug 15
Wed, Aug 14
Committed as revision 368867. I made Louis' suggested change (reset --> __reset) but somehow that didn't make it into the commit. I will fix that.
Tue, Aug 13
Thu, Aug 8
Re-gen diff with more context. No other changes.
Committed as revision 368299
Wed, Aug 7
Tue, Aug 6
rotate and a bunch of other algorithms were made constexpr in P0202, adopted in ABQ.
Hubert - I'm not following what you're saying.
Where did error_code come from? As far as I can tell, your comment is the first mention of error_code in this conversation.
Mon, Aug 5
More tests, also removed a couple tabs.
The __pow10 and __width routines are only called at compile-time; no run-time code at all.
We have a "power of 10" table in charconv, but I don't think that coupling <chrono> and <charconv> is worth the benefit of removing this small routine.
The good news is that the constructor of the singleton object in libc++ is under your control. It can be constructed whenever you choose, just by calling generic_category().
When a handle to an error_category singleton object is used during the termination phase of a program, the destruction of the error_category object may have occurred prior to execution of the current destructor or function registered with atexit, because the singleton object may have been constructed after the corresponding initialization or call to atexit.
Sat, Aug 3
Mon, Jul 29
@EricWF asked me:
Can you restate your concern over bypassing char_traits?
Fri, Jul 26
Wed, Jul 24
Jul 22 2019
Jul 18 2019
The first three removals are fine.
I don't remember why I put the last two in, but I guess I'm OK with them.
Jul 11 2019
Jul 10 2019
Jul 8 2019
None of these calls (__libcpp_tls_create, for instance) are templates, or marked as inline candidates.
Should they be in a source file, and baked into the dylib instead of a header file?
(like we do in support/win32/thread_win32.cpp, for example)
I would like to hold this for a while; because in a few weeks, we should have an implementation of to_chars for floating point - which we may be able to use in to_string (like we did for the integral types).
Jul 7 2019
Fixed forward_list in revision 365290
Jul 5 2019
Fixed list in revision 365261
Jul 3 2019
Did this ever get landed? If not, was there a reason?
Note that the synopsis at the top of <functional> also needs to be updated.
This is an old patch; is this still needed/desired?
Is this patch relevant any more?
I think this patch is dead; the problem has been solved using _LIBCPP_UNUSED_VAR Is that correct?
Is there a reason this hasn't been committed?
Committed (slightly modified) as revision 365080.
This looks good to me.
In <algorithm>, you missed a couple of (value_type*)0. Line 3356, 3369, 3486 and 3499.
Did you try to build libc++ or run the tests before submitting this?
Jul 2 2019
This patch seems incomplete to me. There's stuff in <type_traits> like is_floating_point, etc.
Jul 1 2019
Committed as revision 364862
Removed explicit inlines, changed ternary into if
I missed a couple of Eric's comments.
Updated patch based on Eric's comments.
Committed a modified version as revision 364840 (since I changed the implementation of forward_list::remove_if, etc)
Committed as revision 364802 (with a minor change; I updated the synopsis)
Sorry for the slow response.
Jun 27 2019
Jun 26 2019
Note: Since this was resolved by an LWG issue (rather than a paper), we should provide this capability back to C++11.
(So you can get rid of all the #ifdefs
To keep the code easier to read, I would be tempted to remove almost all of the #ifdefs here, and just make __use_multiline and the constants depend on the language level.
[ Note that I haven't tried this; just looking to make the code simpler. ]