- User Since
- Sep 6 2015, 10:51 PM (227 w, 5 d)
Thanks for the review!
Thu, Jan 16
Wed, Jan 15
Tue, Jan 14
- Used curly brackets for the while loop in dumping .debug_aranges in DWARFContext::dump().
- Removed else branch after break.
Another 1U is changed to 1ULL. Thanks, @aprantl!
Mon, Jan 13
LGTM. Sorry for the delay.
- Made the diagnostic a bit more distinct.
- Moved the tests to a gtest-based suite.
- Hardcode paddings.
- Move some tests to the gtest-based suite.
- Update wordings.
- Replace most of the lit tests to check error cases with gtest-based ones.
- Do not silently absorb the error messages.
- Update existing tests and add new ones to reflect the changes.
- Use hardcoded padding.
Thu, Jan 9
- Add a macro and an explanation comment for the padding wizardry in the test. Hope it is more clear now.
Fri, Dec 27
- Updated as the parent patch is changed;
- Added more tests.
- "!x" -> "x == 0";
- Improved error messages wordings;
- Added more tests;
- Fixed checking the value of the Length field.
Thu, Dec 26
Actually, I've discovered that we parse range list table headers for every unit, including type units, even if they do not reference them. Thus, this patch creates more problems than solves; it should be postponed until we make extracting range list tables lazy and do it only for compilation units which actually reference the tables.
Wed, Dec 25
Tue, Dec 24
Mon, Dec 23
- -1U -> -1ULL. Thanks, @grimar!
Fri, Dec 20
- Rebase to the tip.
- Add reporting the offset of a compilation unit which format is taken as a reference.
- Add a test for a CU with missing fields which was considered valid before the patch.
Thu, Dec 19
It looks like lld/test/ELF/undef.s comes here by accident, right?
Dec 17 2019
Dec 16 2019
Personally, I would prefer to see the file name and path to be changed as little as possible because that would help to recognize the files better. We cannot use remove_dots() on POSIX OSes to simplify paths, because it may return an invalid path; thus we have to use getRealPath(). If I understand it right, there is no similar problem with the file name itself.
Dec 15 2019
I'd like to note that this is not a purely theoretical issue. It can be observed, for example, in Symbolizer::ModuleNameOwner on a 64-bit platform with 4K memory pages. The default constructor for storage_ allocates one memory page, which is immediately replaced by a new allocation in the call to reserve() for 1000 elements, which requires 8 * 1000 = 8000 bytes, or two pages.
Dec 11 2019
Dec 10 2019
Oct 18 2019
Sep 10 2019
Sep 6 2019
Sorry to intervene, but what about the patch itself? Is it OK to land with the latest changes or should I improve it somehow?
Sep 5 2019
- Rebase on the current tip.
Sep 4 2019
- Remove redundant log files. Thanks, @MaskRay!
- Use --implicit-check-not=error.
- Print the adjusted offset which points to the start of the header.
Sep 3 2019
Aug 29 2019
- Added a check for reserved values of the length field.