- User Since
- Nov 10 2019, 5:58 AM (74 w, 3 d)
Feb 8 2021
Jan 7 2021
Nov 21 2020
Thanks for the review! I'll push this as soon as the updated version of D89649 is also accepted.
Pinging @rsmith - could you please check the updates to this patch? Thanks!
Nov 20 2020
Nov 7 2020
- Added some new test cases
- Fixed assertion in templates
- Changed loop variable name from i to ArgIndex
- Changed wording of warnings
- Changed CHECK-MESSAGES to be in a single line: turns out that only the first line is checked as a prefix if clang-tidy breaks it into multiple lines
Nov 5 2020
Sorry for the slow update on this.
I fixed the behavior when reusing tail padding as mentioned by @rsmith and took a shot at unifying the code paths for base classes and fields. Let me know your thoughts on the approach!
Oct 20 2020
Oct 19 2020
Oct 18 2020
Jan 24 2020
Jan 13 2020
Another option that came to my mind is using a BitVector to (recursively) flag bits that are occupied by the fields. This solution would be slightly slower and uses more memory but is probably a lot easier to understand, maintain and more robust than the currently proposed implementation. This would also catch a few additional cases as it could also look inside unions.
Jan 12 2020
Address (most of the) comments by @aaron.ballman
- remove top-level const on locals
- move declaration into if
- pass TagDecl to diag
- added test for operator void *
- fixed [[no_unique_address]]
- remove assertion that checks for overlapping fields
- in hasPaddingBetweenFields: only do recursive call and add field size to TotalSize if not isZeroSize
- + added tests
Jan 7 2020
ping @aaron.ballman - any thoughts on the patch?
Jan 2 2020
Thanks for all the feedback @JonasToth :)
Punctuation in comment
Tests: Split C/C++ tests and add 32/64bit specific test.
Coding guide and better diagnostic message for padding comparison
Dec 30 2019
ReleaseNotes: move alias after new checks
Dec 29 2019
Update style based on comments.
Dec 15 2019
Nov 25 2019
Mark comments as Done.
Nov 18 2019
Formatting changes (curly braces, newline at EOF)
Remove incorrect flag from test
Nov 17 2019
Moved check to CERT module.
Added warnings for calling mutating member functions.
Nov 11 2019
Update documentation and release notes.