- User Since
- May 15 2019, 3:35 PM (126 w, 3 d)
Wed, Oct 13
Fri, Oct 8
Thu, Oct 7
Fri, Oct 1
Reverted in https://reviews.llvm.org/D110974
Reverted the previous one in https://reviews.llvm.org/D110974
Thu, Sep 30
A follow up: after some discussion internally, we have decided that the best way forward should be the following:
Tue, Sep 21
@mtrent: I noticed that change around the time of Xcode 12 (thanks!). However, even if the headers were available, I don't think LLVM would accept it as a dependency. What we are trying to do here is similar, with a common piece of code that handles the generation of these parts of the MachO binary. In the future, if it needs to be modified for some reason, all the tools should enjoy the improvements after a recompilation, instead of chasing down every tool implementation and modifying them.
@steven_wu: Thanks for the feedback. I think at this point we are completely conviced that libObject was not the right place. We are trying to find a good place, and we would like, as much as possible to not duplicate the same code or logic in two tools. It is not a lot of code right now, but the potential divergence in the future scares us a little.
Mon, Sep 20
@jhenderson: thanks for the feedback, we will apply those when we figure out the best shape for these changes.
Fri, Sep 17
Sep 16 2021
Jul 28 2021
Jul 26 2021
- Use Content instead of PayloadString (adopting D106759)
- Use cmp in the test to check that objcopy does a perfect copy.
Jul 20 2021
Jul 15 2021
Jul 6 2021
Jul 1 2021
Move configuration to constructors. Enable grouped options in llvm-objcopy. Add comment about the intention of the test. Remove blank line.
Jun 30 2021
Remove .zdebugGlobal and .gdb_index from the test
https://reviews.llvm.org/D105249 adds the support for grouped options. I will keep the options separated in this commit (if nobody has any concerns), since it seems more portable at this point.
May 20 2021
Apr 2 2021
@delcypher: I will. Is there any concerns about the code as landed?
Mar 31 2021
Dec 3 2019
@aemerson: Thank you very much for accepting. I think I reduced the test case correctly. I needed to use the result of the G_LOAD, or the code was not being generated with the necessary G_TRUNC. I didn't imagine that it was as easy as returning the result. I hope the new test is better than the last.
Reduced the test case.
Dec 2 2019
Generate the checks in the test with update_mir_test_checks.py. Check with FileCheck that the test actually passes.
Provide more context. Rebase on top of master, just in case.
Nov 27 2019
Jun 5 2019
100% agree with you that handling long paths on Windows is a battle that I cannot win. Sadly, even if I can modify a little where my checkout is, and I can reduce that path the best I can, but when CMake and a lot more pieces start creating directories, they will not take care of the length, and they might end up creating very long paths (inside my short path). The problem appeared when a tool started creating a directory (with a long-ish name which cannot be easily modified) inside the temporal directory for a test. Short path + short path + short path ended up being long path.
May 31 2019
I will hold this for a moment. The review can happen, but I would not merge it directly. I think I would need to return the results with the prefix in the cases I know it is necessary.