- User Since
- Mar 7 2019, 9:07 AM (46 w, 3 d)
Fri, Jan 24
Wed, Jan 22
Addressed review comments.
Fri, Jan 17
Addressed review comments above.
Addressed comments above.
Thu, Jan 16
Wed, Jan 15
Thanks @dsanders. Comment addressed.
Commandeer the patch as Stefan is on vacation.
Addressed Nemanja and Daniel's comment to give Inst type uint64_t
Commandeer this patch as Stefan is on vacation.
Mon, Jan 6
Addressed the comments by
- Add "DisableNonVolatileCR" into "PPCFunctionInfo" as a new property, add the functions to set and check it.
- Set the new member in the constructor based on the value of the option.
- Clean up redundant "#2" in the test case.
Thu, Jan 2
Though the logic in this new function looks consistent with original code with optimized condition check, it is still not that readable to me. Agree with @nemanjai 's suggestion, adding conceptual functions for"SingleRLWINM", "SingleRLWIMI", "SingleRLDICL" and "PairOfRLDICL" will make it more readable. Also added comments for variable re-def issues.
Nov 14 2019
@Yi-Hong.Lyu For PowerPC, CR2, CR3, CR4 are non-volatile CR fields according to ELFv2ABI, which will not hold for other ABIs.
Nov 11 2019
Nov 4 2019
Nov 1 2019
Thanks @xbolva00 for your comment.
Since the patch is approved, I will hold it for another 3 days if any comment and commit it on Monday.
Oct 28 2019
Oct 22 2019
Addressed review comments from @nemanjai
Oct 21 2019
Oct 18 2019
Oct 17 2019
Overall looks good to me. Some minor changes needed.
Oct 7 2019
- Merged to latest code base and compiled with -O3 and PGO
- Collected stats for SPECInt and SPECFP benchmarks (SPEC2017) with baseline and patch.
|Benchmark||Number of machine instructions hoisted out of loops (Baseline)||Number of machine instructions hoisted out of loops (Patch)||Number of instructions not hoisted to hotter destination (Patch)|
- With the feature enabled, found performance gain for SPEC benchmarks, e.g. 2.1% for perlbench_r and 1.6% for povray_r.
Sep 23 2019
Collected stats below for SPECInt and SPECFP benchmarks (SPEC2017) with this feature enabled, compiled with -O3 and PGO.
Thanks @nemanjai 's review. Addressed all the comments and updated the test cases accordingly.
Addressed @nemanjai 's review comment.
Sep 13 2019
Sep 12 2019
Thanks @lei for the review. Updated the patch to r
- Resolve the indentation issues
- Modify the variable name to be consistent with current naming convention.
Aug 22 2019
@jsji Yes, please ignore diff 216684. Thanks you for the remind.
Aug 15 2019
Thanks @efriedma for the review and remind.
Aug 13 2019
Jul 3 2019
Jun 21 2019
May 22 2019
After re-basing the patch with latest master ToT, there is a LIT failure for the KnowCRBitSpill.ll. As per discussed and reviewed in the meeting, the CRSET test case behavior change is as expected. The test case check logic is updated accordingly.
May 16 2019
Apr 1 2019
Thanks all for the review!
Mar 25 2019