- User Since
- Feb 19 2023, 11:46 AM (14 w, 1 d)
Apr 29 2023
Apr 26 2023
- Updated with re-adding the required diagnostic message
Apr 25 2023
- Updated with reviewed changes
Apr 24 2023
- Update with addition of testcase
- There is an issue for which the build fails, actually when I replace the diagnostic in /clang/test/Sema/conditional-expr.c Line 89, it tells C99 forbids conditional expressions with only one void side and if I remove it shows seen but not expected and vice versa.It regresses either ways.
In the same manner for comparison of address of 'g' equal to a null pointer is always false.
Apr 23 2023
- Update with diagnostic addition
Apr 22 2023
- Apologies for uploading some other/incorrect diff
- Updated Diff
Apr 21 2023
I have tried a little modification from my side thinking on a beneficial note. I will make the changes to all the other test files as well if this diagnostic representation goes well after mentor review.
Apr 19 2023
Apr 12 2023
- Updated with removing redundant flags
Apr 9 2023
Apr 7 2023
Thanks a lot everyone for helping me out with my first patch. I have uploaded the patch again after rebase.
Yes, It would be great if you could land it on my behalf.
Name: Krishna Narayanan
Apr 5 2023
- Updated with the diagnostic messages (comments for test cases)
Apr 4 2023
- Updated with release note
Mar 31 2023
- Updated diff with git clang-format HEAD~1
Mar 30 2023
- Updated with clang-formatting
- Removed the redundant from the diff
- Updated patch
- Added testcases for chained operators
This patch aims to remove some redundant cases of static assert messages where the expansions are particularly unhelpful. In this particular patch, we have ignored the printing of diagnostic warnings for binary operators with logical OR operations.
This is done to prioritise and prefer to emit longer diagnostic warnings for more important concerns elsewhere.
Mar 29 2023
I have removed the redundant comments and have moved the if condition above with the ongoing conditional statement (to avoid printing obvious expressions).
Mar 25 2023
Updated with the new test cases and implemented the logic suggested for ignoring the BO_LOr operators at the top level. My sincere apologies @tbaeder that I could not place this logic at the first instance.
Mar 24 2023
The above Binary operator test case says that there are two Boolean expressions,UsefulToPrintExpr says we can avoid to print these expressions as they are don't need a note and are understandable.
Mar 22 2023
Have worked on the top level with Boolean literals unlike the previous diffs.I have updated the test case as well with this new upcoming change.
Mar 21 2023
I have updated the patch without removing the whole of the previous block.I have added a condition to find the case where we don't need a diagnostic message to be printed or warned.