Page MenuHomePhabricator

[lldb-vscod] fix build with NDEBUG on windows
ClosedPublic

Authored by SquallATF on Oct 30 2019, 2:52 AM.

Details

Summary

_setmode in assert will not run when build with NDEBUG

Diff Detail

Event Timeline

SquallATF created this revision.Oct 30 2019, 2:52 AM
Herald added a project: Restricted Project. · View Herald TranscriptOct 30 2019, 2:52 AM

Good catch, thanks! But would we need to add something like (void)result; to silence potential compiler warnings about an unused (or set but not read) variable?

labath accepted this revision.Oct 30 2019, 4:01 AM

LGTM, modulo the (void) result stuff. Do you need someone to commit this for you?

This revision is now accepted and ready to land.Oct 30 2019, 4:01 AM

LGTM, modulo the (void) result stuff. Do you need someone to commit this for you?

Yes I need.

This revision was automatically updated to reflect the committed changes.

I presume you applied the patch with arc patch? It seems to apply the Phabricator username as git user, which is a bit odd, as it is customary to use realnames in the git author field. Earlier, when everything ended up mangled by svn, everything ended up normalized to the committer's name anyway, but as git preserves the author names, it would probably be good if the arc workflow could use the realname instead.

Yes, I used "arc patch". I did check that it preserved the authorship information, but I did not go into the details of what's in the author field TBH. I agree it would be better to have the full name there, but I don't know if there's a way to change that (short of people doing "git commit --amend --author=XXX" manually, which everyone is going to forget).

LGTM, modulo the (void) result stuff. Do you need someone to commit this for you?

Yes I need.

Was the (void) result fix applied before this was committed?

It ended up being a separate commit (2d1a0dfe) because I don't know how to use git. :P As far as change attribution is concerned, that may be even for the better. :)

Yes, I used "arc patch". I did check that it preserved the authorship information, but I did not go into the details of what's in the author field TBH. I agree it would be better to have the full name there, but I don't know if there's a way to change that (short of people doing "git commit --amend --author=XXX" manually, which everyone is going to forget).

BTW, I've just done another "arc patch" and the author information came out right this time. So it looks like arc is able to fetch/set the git author correctly at least in some cases.