- User Since
- Feb 7 2018, 7:04 PM (205 w, 6 d)
So, sadly, I am going to have to backtrack here. When I set LLDB_USE_LLDB_SERVER in my environment and ran the tests, they did appear to be more stable (fewer failures across 10 test runs), but it was all a joke my machine was playing on me.
This does not build correctly with gcc 7.3.1 on CentOS:
Fri, Jan 14
Thu, Jan 13
Wed, Jan 12
Mon, Jan 10
Dec 16 2021
The new test (TestModuleCacheSimple) is failing on the windows lldb bot. It looks like the deletion of the executable is failing due to permissions and other similar tests are skipped on windows for that reason. I haven't looked at the test in more detail to see if it would be appropriate to modify somehow so it would work:
Dec 14 2021
Dec 9 2021
Dec 2 2021
Dec 1 2021
Nov 29 2021
@zequanwu : It looks like the bot is still broken: https://lab.llvm.org/buildbot/#/builders/83/builds/12413
This broke the windows bot:
Nov 19 2021
We've been seeing a failure in our Ubuntu builds since this change - specifically because of an unused function:
Nov 15 2021
I think this broke the windows bot:
Nov 12 2021
This broke the build on Windows. The buildbot was, sadly, already red because of another test failure:
Can you please disable the test on Windows or back your change out until there's a fix? There are already other failures that are getting missed because the bot is red.
Nov 11 2021
Nov 10 2021
Windows buildbot is broken:
Nov 3 2021
The Windows buildbot is still broken after this change:
Nov 2 2021
It looks like some of the tests need to be updated after this change (at least on Windows, the Windows LLDB bot is broken now):
Oct 13 2021
Oct 12 2021
Oct 8 2021
This broke the windows lldb bot:
Oct 6 2021
Sep 27 2021
LGTM. I find it easier to read if it's all done together (see comment), but it's fine either way.
Sep 21 2021
How much of a difference does it make in terms of build times?
Sep 9 2021
Sep 8 2021
Sep 7 2021
Sep 2 2021
@thakis @int3 I spent some more time trying to diagnose the recent issues with lld and macho and I am starting to think that the problem is the race condition that this change was meant to fix. I am not sure why this is no longer "fixed", but the callstack and intermittent failure on Windows in debug seem to match the issue:
So not an issue with the current implementation, but a note for any future improvements: the changes in https://reviews.llvm.org/D70447 that made parallel work on Windows were, I believe, necessary (I did not catch the original review, but I've recently run into some issues). Not only that, I believe something has recently (in the last few months) impacted the existing functionality such that lld now regularly exhibits the issues described in https://reviews.llvm.org/D70447, so I would caution using that until they've been resolved.
Aug 30 2021
This change introduced a failure on Windows, but only when compiling with Visual Studio which is why it did not impact the buildbots (or really, almost any other uses cases, since most people use ninja). It came up as part of onnx-mlir merge with the latest llvm (https://github.com/onnx/onnx-mlir/pull/814) and I can confirm that I see the same failure locally.
Aug 11 2021
This change introduced a race condition in the build and we saw it fail in our private buildbots on both Ubuntu and Windows because of a dependency on Attributes.inc (the target intrinsics_gen) which had previously been covered by the ProfileData library. I haven't confirmed whether https://reviews.llvm.org/rG68d6c3e4486c6743dfa419ec0d919d8e97fdad05 removed that dependency by removing the header from ProfileData, though it likely does, so I wanted to leave a note here for anyone else who runs into this - or if it recurs.
Aug 9 2021
This change is causing failures on the Windows lldb bot:
Aug 6 2021
Jul 30 2021
Jul 29 2021
Jul 26 2021
It looks like this broke some lldb tests:
Jul 23 2021
Jul 22 2021
I think this change broke the Windows LLDB bot. More specifically the TestStructTypes test:
Jul 9 2021
This change broke the windows and debian lldb bots:
Jul 2 2021
This change broke the Windows mlir bot:
Jul 1 2021
A couple of the new test cases are consistently failing on Windows when building Debug. They do pass in Release
After this change kMaxOvershading is unused, causing warnings in the clang build:
Jun 29 2021
It looks like these change broken some lldb tests. The windows bot already had a couple of failures, so you may have missed it:
This broke the windows lldb bot and the follow up changes did not fix it:
Jun 22 2021
The newly added test is flaky and it fails on the Windows bot every few runs. I also saw it fail on Ubuntu in our private buildbots.
Jun 21 2021
@wallace : Your most recent change to comment out ProgressEventThreadFunction is causing warnings to be generated when building with clang. Please have a look:
Jun 18 2021
I wasn't able to reproduce this locally by running *just* the DirectoryWatcher tests. I'm now running all of the clang tests repeatedly to see if I can get a repro that way.
Jun 17 2021
This is the best I can do from the online builds. I'll try and repro locally as well:
We still occasionally (every couple of runs) see these tests hang on Windows in both Debug and Release. Unfortunately, I don't have access to the machines running the tests to debug the tests while they are hanging and I haven't had a chance to try to reproduce locally.